Monday, March 23, 2009

I wrote the original not long ago, but I feel the need to write about this subject again. The best things in life I learned from 80s cartoons. In the Transformers Movies, not the Michael Bay smash hit the original one, Optimus Prime dies in the beginning of the movie. As a child that didn't fit with my reality and I hated it. Hot Rod could never replace my hero.



I understand now that this movie followed the path of the hero. Much as Obi Wan had to die for Luke to become what he needed to be, Optimus had to die so Hot Rod could save the day at the end of the movie.

On Friday a dear woman died. She battle cancer for years. God had helped her often along the way and even in the darkest moments of this battle she would share a testimony of the power and grace of God. She is a true inspiration to me.

On Friday a hero died. She did not lose the battle. Instead she won through the transforming power of Christ. She sits with Him now free from the pain she never showed.

These things do not fit well with my own desires even now. Heroes should not die and so I am sad. Not because of the victory she holds now, but because death may not have victory but it does separate us and quite frankly that sucks.