Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm not entirely sure what to write about today. Silliness would be inappropriate and so I'm going to avoid it. Today is a celebration of sacrifice, but what a morbid celebration indeed.

I wonder if we ever really think about the cost of our salvation. Last night I was walking a trail overlooking the town when midnight ticked over. When I realized I was surrounded by nature when this day of celebration started I began to think about how nature responded to the sacrifice.

All of nature rebelled at this death. Think about it. The Creator of all creation died a bit over 2000 years ago for His creation. No wonder the Earth shook. I believe everything reacted violently to the loss of the Creator. Yesterday I attended a funeral. I look at the emotion of the friends and family for a single person and it seems to me that is just a fraction of the emotion over the death of Christ.

All of this is beyond my words. The weight of this sacrifice is too big to describe. If anything I can only suggest you try to consider the price that was paid and thank God for paying it.

3 comments:

jasonS said...

beautiful post- It reminds me of Proverbs 30, "Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king..." This literally happened with Jesus. He had humbled Himself and taken on the nature of a servant, poured Himself out completely and emptied Himself of the divine nature. In absolute, perfect trust He went to the cross as a servant, but then retook His rightful place as King.

Great post and thank you for it.

Kirito said...

Nick,

Is that how people call you?
Well... Good Friday... I just scold someone today.
Long Story.

the thing u write, i just realize that the nature respond to His death..

my blog is in Chinese. some part of it is in English.

Thanks for visiting...
will come here always.

Nick the Geek said...

jason,
The incarnation is one of the most amazing things in Christianity. The infinite becoming part of the creation. To make a geek reference, this is sort of like in the movie Tron when the programmer becomes a program, but infinitely more complex.

jasperseng,
Thanks. I ended up going back and clicking into the blog. I assumed it was all Chinese when I saw the title and description on your profile was Chinese. I've been reading up on Malaysia and what a powerful missions field you have there. Better than half the population is Muslim. I will be praying for you.

Post a Comment