Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So we wrapped up Crazy Love last night and it was a good finish. I think the book needed some polish, but the over all escalation of the book really works. I think that is one of the reasons I like it. It read like one of the prophetic books of the Bible. I'm not saying it is prophecy or anything, but the way it builds is the same formula found in most of the minor prophets.

  1. Optional opening about the friginstasticness of God
  2. Lists of offenses to God
  3. The coming judgments
  4. The means to avoid the coming judgments
  5. hope and encouragement for the future
I really do love those books because they call for action and also provide hope. I think that is a powerful thing.

On top of that I've been watching God do some amazing things in one of the young ladies (she just turned 18 so I try not to call her girl anymore even though I look at her and think girl but I guess I"m just getting old) lately. I have been spending a lot of time praying for her because of some pretty intense struggles she has been dealing with. I've seen a strength in her that she didn't know she had and so I've tried encouraging her for the past months. Lately she is really getting it.

Anyways, we all have to choose to get after God. That is the thing she got and it is so related to the last chapter in the book. I'm praying this continues to build.

I want to write more but I gots things to do. Plus more meetings and other fun stuffs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Prayer should really be the foundation of a lot of stuff that we do... or everything.

Glad to have you back!

Nick the Geek said...

bman,

yep prayer is very important. We seem to think we can plan our stuff then move forward and ask God's blessing as an after thought. He doesn't want to be our everything He already is our everything, we just need to knowledge it if we plan on doing anything.

Post a Comment