Monday, December 29, 2008

So we all know about making purple, the new cool way to talk about what happens when you put a bunch of guys and girls in a confined location with the lights turned down low. Right now I don't really have this problem. In fact in my Youth group the girls outnumber the buys by at least 2 to 1. We also have this strange tradition where the girls think it is fun to hang all over each other and stuff.

They aren't gay or bi or whatever they just do this because …? Yea I don't get it. I'm a guy. There are a lot of things girls can do that guys can't. If a guy is hanging all over another guy they aren't straight.

Is this everywhere? I don't remember this being so prevalent when I was in HS. Sure girls would hold hands and hug and all those other things that guys don't really do, but I'm talking about really pushing the boundaries.

I'm not sure exactly how to address this. Is it really something I should address?

--Confused in Seattle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed this more and more too. I don't get it either ... and I'm a girl!

Yeah, I agree with you completely - it's downright weird. I see it everywhere. I mean, I can understand the hand-holding, hugging, etc. but this? Curiouser, curiouser...

I think it's just another way that girls show affection to one another in different ways than guys - guys punch each other, whereas girls hug, etc.

Sorry, I can't help you - but I wanted to point out that it's not just you. I'm with you.

Here's the truth - I have thought long and hard about it: Girls are weird.

End of story. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Nick the Geek said...

Adelaide,

At first was going to say it is interesting to hear a girl say girls are weird, which is a confusing sentence in and of itself. Then I saw you quoting Hitchhiker and figure that explains it. Not many girls would know that line much less quote it. My wife is one of them.

Well, all I have to say is, it's sad it had to come to this.

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! YES! Another Hitchhiker fan!
Perhaps we could meet at the restaurant at the end of the universe one day? I hear it's very good...
Thanks and God bless!
Addy

P.S. I readily admit I am weird. Which, in turn, supports my statement of profound truth: Girls are weird.
I think I'll put that on a t-shirt (hot pink coloured). And on the back I'll put, "DON'T PANIC". Want one?!

P.P.S. Out of random curiosity, do you like Doctor Who? (If not, I may have to kill you. But don't panic.)

Nick the Geek said...

Adelaide,

That shirt would be awesome, a word that I use infinitely too much. I tried to go to that restaurant one day but took a wrong turn and ended up at the other end of the universe. That restaurant is not nearly as nice.

As for the Dr., well let me say that David Tenent has grown on me and I dread the next regeneration, but I dreaded to see Christopher Eccleson go as well. I hope the next companion is better than the last couple though. I'm not saying I like the Dr. though. Not saying that at all. :)

Anonymous said...

So true. I'm a 16 year old girl. I know exactly what you're talkin about. The girls at my church are all over each other more than they are the guys. Don't ask me why. I don't even find it strange anymore.
I will definitely be sharing the "Hot Pink" phrase with them!

Post a Comment