Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If you want to know what I'm about then check below, this is about working with other ministers. I don't mean people in your church, that is one thing. I'm talking about working with ministers from other churches. Right now I am working with another minister to put together a group of Youth Ministers from our area. We have already found some areas where we disagree. I'm so frustrated.

I'm frustrated because this guy with so much more experience than me in many areas of youth ministry won't give me props for the things I have way more experience in. Now, so far this has been nothing deal breaking, but I feel like I could get the planning done faster if I did it by myself.

More than frustrated, though, I'm disgusted. I'm disgusted with myself because I know that it really isn't this other guys fault. Sure he could give me more room in the things I excel at, but I have always had a problem working with others. I want it done my way because I'm right. That is so prideful.

Still, I'm super excited about this new group. We have had quite a bit of interest from some other ministers and some really good ideas for things we can do together. I honestly expect this whole ministry to be blessed once I get my ego out of God's way.