Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life is amazing. It is exciting and wondrous. Think back to when you were a child and saw so many things for the first time. Were you like me trying to figure out how it all worked? How did a car actually move? There had to be a reason behind it all. Were you the child that saw the world through finger paint and crayons? Did you live in a cast world of fantasy with friends of every shape and size? Were there monsters in the closet and knights and princesses that saved the day?



What happened to you? Why is life so boring? Who spoke death into you? Who told you that there isn't an answer for everything so stop looking? Who made you put your finger paints away? Who told you to grow up and stop talking to imaginary friends? Who told you monsters aren't real so the knights and princesses had to disappear to? Who stole your love for life?

I think we tend to reflect a dead life because that is what is expected of us. Those who burn brightest burn out first. That is what we are told so we will not shine. What if it isn't true. What if the ones that burn brightest also burn the longest? What if there are monsters and the knights and princesses battle them? What if imaginary friends are real? What if the world is suppose to be captured in finger paint? What if there really is an answer for everything? What if we can actually live?

How can we accomplish life?

8 comments:

Henrietta said...

Thank you. I used to be Helen's imaginary friend, but she stopped talking to me several years ago. Maybe after she reads your post, she'll give me a call

katdish said...

Oh my goodness, Nick!

That was awesome. I loved it!

Nick the Geek said...

Henrietta,

I'm sure Helen was just busy. She has a lot going on right now but if you are patient she'll remember to make time for you.

katdish,
Thanks.

jasonS said...

Nice- I am so with you. We can cultivate and live in this sort of wonder and joy every day. Having kids definitely helps though.

Candy said...

Imaginary friends ARE real. Depends on your definition of imaginary. And I continue to live in wonder at how tall buildings stand and how planes fly. And what about sunrises and sunsets? Those are God's finger paints. You don't find those colors at the craft store.

I love my world. Thanks for validating that, Nick!

Nick the Geek said...

jasonS,
My kids are a real inspiration to finding that awe within me. I love seeing how they view the world. In a month we are flying to CA so they will fly for the first time and visit the ocean for the first time. It will be great despite the MIL.

Candy,
Just keep telling your hubby we are all real.

Helen said...

Nick, you are right. There is a lot of wonder in our world.

Henrietta, you stopped talking to me first. Remember? You were jealous of my unimaginary friends. If you don't mind me talking to corporal people as well, I'd love to pick up where we left off.

Susan David said...

Hi,
We are inviting 10 pastors’ wives to join a charter membership club for free for 2 months. Visit for more details: http://www.susandavidlifecoach.com/index.php/sponsors
You can also get a free Ebook at http://www.stoppastorburnout.com or just visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miF-R0bCz0A for additional info.
Thank you and God bless!

Post a Comment