Saturday, February 28, 2009

Well, I was for about .5 seconds. I went snowboarding for the first time today and despite having learned how to skate, surf, and windsurf in my youth it has been too long since I used those skills so balance was my enemy today as much as gravity.

Anyways, I was pretty tired at the end of training session and couldn't even stand-up on the board much less try what I was being taught, but I got out after lunch and tried some more with more success. I still have trouble stopping without landing on my butt, but I did get pretty good at making turns and such.

At one point, though, I tried something different while stopping and avoided landing on my rear. Instead I went flying head first just like Superman.

Anyways, I will be writing my SYP post in the morning because I'm too tired to try and get it right.

3 comments:

Beth said...

"I am, I am, I am Superman. And I can do anything..."
This R.E.M. song was in my head the whole time I was reading.

Unknown said...

Ha! A classic, "I just screwed up skiing post!"

For a second, I thought you were going to write that you'd be posting next week when your casts came off. Ha!

Nick the Geek said...

Beth,
Gotta love R.E.M. I think it is a law. I might have thought of that song had my attempt at flying been slightly longer.

bman,
I was snowboarding, which is very different from skiing. I'm glad my pain has brought you laughter. I just wish I was caught on film, well digital media, because I know my Youth would have enjoyed it.

Post a Comment