Monday, November 3, 2008

So I am doing a series on Refuge. I thought I would post it here before the series starts. This is in keeping with my attempt and anonymity. Basically I figure that if I post it before I preach it and one of my students stumble across this they will think I got my idea from the blog.

Anyways, I think it is very important to teach about God as a refuge right now. Everything is going crazy all around us and God can be that place of refuge. Through this series I plan on speaking about our failed attempts at weathering crisis, different kinds of refuge that we need, places we go to for refuge and how to meet God there, and finally what we can do when the worst does happen and we feel locked out of our refuge.

If anyone has ideas on these I'd like to hear them. I plan on using the Psalms and stories from the Old and New Testament that demonstrate God as a safe hiding place.